Houses for Sale – 20% Price Reduction on all houses!
Must be moved. Call Shorty at 907-545-3157 for prices. (18)(6/2-cnx)
Hitzer Amish built woodstoves. UHMW Plastic sled runners. 543-2379. (11)(3/1-cnx)
300 Gallon Plastic Water Tanks in stock. Call Shorty at Shorty’s Shop for pricing. 543-3158 or 545-3157 (19)(9/18-cnx)
For Sale: Plastic Water Tanks
Only 31” wide, 70” high, 74” long. 500 Gallons, easily connect two for 1000 gallons! Fits through most doors for easy installation. Contact Shorty for pricing and information (907) 545-3157. (35)(6/21-cnx)
For Sale: Small House 22 by 20 must be moved $14000. 545-0929 (12)(3/3-cnx)
4.9 Acres Fishcamp Land for Sale. 1-907-545-0103. (7)(5/19-cnx)
2009 Honda Pilot for sale | Needs transmission | $5000 OBO | CALL 907-240-7185 | SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY (18)(10/27-3/16)
OUTSIDE STORAGE SPACE FOR RENT. EQUIPMENT, BOATS OR VEHICLES. NEAR BOAT HARBOR. FENCED IN AREA. 543-2402. (16)(3/17-cnx)
House for Sale
Rent to Buy. $400,000. 4 bedroom, 1 bedroom guest house. Storage. In Uivik Sub. (213) 587-1882 (19)(10/20-cnx)
Looking to Hire 2 Carpenters
Pay Rate D.O.E. Summer and Fall Season. Send your resume to [email protected] More info to call listed phone number below.
Joe Pete/ Apollo Home Solutions, LLC, 907-545-6762 (32)(7/21-cnx)
Sea Lion Corporation
Hooper Bay, Alaska 99604
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of all aspects of Sea Lion Corporation’s general ledger, including, timeliness and accuracy of data entry, account reconciliation and assisting budget officers and administration with budget officer financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
•Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts, including:
-reviewing account balances for accuracy;
-monthly bank statements to checkbooks and GL;
-preparing and posting monthly departmental charge backs, pre-paid expenses,
-preparing and posting Journal entries to correct balances;
-creating new GL accounts and inactivate or delete obsolete accounts while
maintaining the chart of accounts.
•Ensure the integrity of financial data produced, including adequate review of coding, receivables, payables, and all expense and financial position accounting.
•Understand and comply with local, state, and federal government tax reporting
•Plan, coordinate and conduct various annual reviews and audits of all subsidiaries.
•Develop understanding to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes, as well as with higher education, and changes to GAAP.
•Schedule and review periodic and year-end financial entries for preparation and review of internally generated financial statements.
•Develop and review departmental process, internal controls, and procedure for ongoing compliance. Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations and agreements are understood and followed.
• Assist with and maintain annual budget preparation, training, monitoring and analysis.
• Administers CCER/P-card, including monitor and adjust credit, card issuance and cancel.
• Develops general ledger monthly and yearly closes, including preparation of the required reconciliations and work papers for the annual audit.
• Assists Corporate General Manager with cash flow and cash requirement assessments.
• Reviews personnel action forms for budget availability and coding prior to hire and/or posting.
• Reviews and posts uploads from subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
• Works with all subsidiaries to reconcile consolidated statements to the General Ledger.
• Loads departmental budgets update budget for reallocations by budget officers.
• Assists Corporate Officers In understanding their financial reports.
• Reviews and prepares entries for real estate property monthly activity (from property manager),
• Assists other Accounting and Finance staff when needed.
• Monthly journal entries.
• Acts as liaison with the subsidiaries accounting management systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
*Bachelor’s degree in accounting
*Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills to include extensive Microsoft excel experience
*Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible relevant experience, working with account coding, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and/or budget analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
*Ability to work independently as well as with the team
*Able to communicate complex issues clearly
*Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
*Knowledge and understanding of payroll processes
*Great attention to detail and accuracy
*Likes to solve problems by discovering the root cause and training to assure improved
*Possess a sense of urgency
*Ability to meet deadlines
*General Ledger Accounting/ ADP Payroll/Workforce now experience is a plus
*Prior public accounting experience is a plus
*CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with occasional opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting working in close proximity with other Accounting Department Team members and exposure to multiple computer screens. Requires
extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional overtime may be required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Knowledge of how to operate standard office machines.
• Skill in multi-tasking.
• Skill In customer service, communication, and teamwork.
• Skill in utilizing Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook programs.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check.
Must have reliable transportation to/from work.
Shareholder Preference. Sea Lion Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Sea Lion Corporation shareholders, Sea Lion Corporation shareholder descendants and Sea Lion Corporation shareholder spouses, in that order.
Sea Lion Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/AA/Male/Female/ Disability/Vets
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Sea Lion Corporation
PO Box 87
Hooper Bay, AK 99604
Phone 907-758-4015 Fax 907-758-4815 for more details and to apply. (795)(11-17-12/1)
Invitation to Bid
INVITATION TO BID
Notice is hereby given that the Lower Kuskokwim School District will be receiving sealed bids from general contractors for the construction of the Ayaprun Replacement School at the LKSD main campus in Bethel, Alaska. Activities are planned to begin immediately upon award. Bids will be received at ECI, Inc., 3909 Arctic Blvd, Suite 100, Anchorage, Alaska 99503 until 2:00PM AKST, January 14, 2022. Bids will be opened and read aloud via Zoom.
The Project consists of:
· The construction of an approximately 53,865 gsf (including storage mezzanine and mechanical platform gsf) new school for grades Kindergarten through 6, gymnasium and Language and Cultural Center offices,
· The construction of a parking lot, fire access road, site infrastructure and public access roads,
· Final grading for a designated area including all areas under the building footprint and other pile foundations.
· Project coordination with adjacent construction projects, including, but not limited to: LKSD
Ayaprun Replacement School Early Site and Pile Project, DOT Ridgecrest Improvements, LKSD Infrastructure Improvement Projects at the LKSD Campus, City of Bethel and AVEC line extension,
· SWPP development and maintenance.
· Final placement of fill that was stockpiled during the LKSD Ayaprun Replacement School Early Site and Pile Project. Final placement to be located on the LKSD Campus and will be coordinated during construction with LKSD.
· The construction of new site utilities – including a pump house, generator module, IT module, fuel tank, building utilities, boardwalks, play deck, play court, pedestrian boardwalks, crosswalk reconnection and replacement stairs to LKSD District Building,
· Temporary connection for continued use of exterior crosswalk lighting.
· Access coordination for the adjacent LKSD Campus Facilities that will be in use during construction, including parking, bus routes and pedestrian connectivity.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held and via ZOOM and interested parties may RSVP to [email protected] to obtain the link to the meeting. Dates and times for the Pre-Bid and Invite Request are indicated in Section 00 3113 PRELIMINARY PROJECT MILESTONES. Bidders are not required to attend.
Complete bidding documents for this project will be available at the time and date indicated in Section 00 3113 PRELIMINARY PROJECT MILESTONES in electronic form only. They may be viewed online and downloaded without charge and without deposit from:
VFW MEMBERSHIP Freedom isn’t free, and millions of Americans have paid the price for the freedom we enjoy today. Since 1899, the Veterans of Foreign Wars has served those who served America. From writing veterans legislation and then leading the fight to get it through Congress, to community projects that benefit all Americans, the VFW is an opportunity for veterans to continue to serve. Contact the VFW Robert V. Lindsey Post #10041 at 543-2241 and ask what you can do for your community. (83)(3/26-cnx)