Houses for Sale
Must be moved. Call Shorty at 907-545-3157 for prices. (12)(6/2-cnx)
Hitzer Amish built woodstoves. UHMW Plastic sled runners. 543-2379. (11)(3/1-cnx)
300 Gallon Plastic Water Tanks in stock. Call Shorty at Shorty’s Shop for pricing. 543-3158 or 545-3157 (19)(9/18-cnx)
For Sale: Plastic Water Tanks
Only 31” wide, 70” high, 74” long. 500 Gallons, easily connect two for 1000 gallons! Fits through most doors for easy installation. Contact Shorty for pricing and information (907) 545-3157. (35)(6/21-cnx)
For Sale: Small House 22 by 20 must be moved $14000. 545-0929 (12)(3/3-cnx)
4.9 Acres Fishcamp Land for Sale. 1-907-545-0103. (7)(5/19-cnx)
House for Sale
Rent to Buy. $400,000. 4 bedroom, 1 bedroom guest house. Storage. In Uivik Sub.
Room for Rent, and 1 bedroom Guest house for rent. (213) 587-1882 (28)(8/11-cnx)
FOR SALE: Multi-family units; all on 17,360 sq. ft. lot; 3 residential bldgs: 3 one bdrm units; 1 two bdrm unit; 1 three bdrm unit; + outbuildings. Prime commercial downtown location. 460, 450, & 390 3rd Ave. Call for more information: 907-545-1944 REMAX Dynamic Properties. (45)(9/22-10/6)
FOR SALE: 220 & 221 East Ave. 3 bdrm, 1 bath, 1,728 sq. ft.; detached garage/shop 1,252 sq. ft; shed; steamhouse, smokehouse; lot of 14,766 sq. ft. Call for more information: 907-545-1944 REMAX Dynamic Properties. (35)(9/22-10/6)
FOR SALE: Delta Cottages – total of 20 rental units, Toyo heat; fully furnished + office building; very well maintained. Business opportunity! Call for more information. Call for more information: 907-545-1944 REMAX Dynamic Properties. (34)(9/22-10/6)
OUTSIDE STORAGE SPACE FOR RENT. EQUIPMENT, BOATS OR VEHICLES. NEAR BOAT HARBOR. FENCED IN AREA. 543-2402. (16)(3/17-cnx)
Looking to Hire 2 Carpenters
Pay Rate D.O.E. Summer and Fall Season. Send your resume to [email protected] More info to call listed phone number below.
Joe Pete/ Apollo Home Solutions, LLC, 907-545-6762 (32)(7/21-cnx)
Position: Business Manager
Application Period – Open until filled
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The business Manager is responsible for the overall management and administration of Nunapitchuk Limited and its affiliated business activities (e.g. Duplex, 8-Plex, Nunapitchuk Fuel Service, Nunapitchuk General Store, Capital Investments, etc.) Responsible for its property accountability, payroll authorization, timely filing of all taxes, insurance and business documentation. Preliminary planning, organization, direction and control of all business activities pertaining to Nunapitchuk Limited. Proposes to the Board of Directors policies, goals, budget and selection of staff, and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervision. Supervises all operations and personnel of the Corporation.
2. Payroll & Payroll Taxes. Approves all payroll time sheets, payroll disbursement and payroll taxes deposited on a scheduled basis. Assures timely filing of Payroll Tax documentation (i.e. 941, 940, etc.) on a scheduled basis.
3. Payables & Receivable. Reviews and approves all payables due to vendors directly supervises and assists the Bookkeeper and Head Cashier on collections of the Accounts Receivables on each of the corporations business activities (Rentals, Duplex, 8-Plex, Fuel Services and General Store.)
4. Financial & Property Accountability. Responsible for the financial and physical property accountability of the corporation. Supervises the Bookkeeper on the financial operations of the corporation. Supervises each department on the proper operation, maintenance and inventory of all physical assets of the corporation.
5. Correspondence, Bookkeeping & Record Keeping. Receives and redirects all incoming and outgoing correspondence. Supervises the Bookkeeper in conjunction with the Head Cashier on matters which require financial bookkeeping and record retention. Directly supervises the Bookkeeper on the corporate filing system, correspondence and personal files.
6. Personal Office Duties. Insures all employees of the corporation are briefed on and familiar with the current personnel policies. Interview all potential employees on receipt of application for position.
7. Reports to the Board. Reports to the Board of Directors on matters which requires Board approval, assignments issues by the Board, the current corporate operations and financial status.
8. General Liability & Insurance. Periodic review and correction of all general liability and insurance needs of the Corporation, if any. Verifies that all insurance coverage is current and appropriate.
QUALIFICATION & ELIGIBILITY:
1. Nunapitchuk Limited Shareholder preferred, but not mandatory.
2. Business related degree or three (3) years management experience desirable.
3. Minimum qualification of High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED) required.
4. Central Yup’ik speaker and knowledge of Modern Orthography writing system preferred, but not mandatory.
1. Depending on Experience (D.O.E.)
2. Eight (8) hours per day, Monday – Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.
Deadline to apply: Until Filled
Application available at Nunapitchuk Limited General Store Office Monday – Saturday 10am to 5:30pm (455)(9/15-10/6)
Request for Proposals
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Kashunamiut School District
PO Box 345 Chevak, AK 99563
The Kashunamiut School District (“District”) requests written proposals for architectural/engineering services for a period of up to five years. The work includes but is not necessarily limited to the following:
• Condition surveys, designs, and cost estimates to support CIP major maintenance grant applications to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development;
• Design and construction contract administrative services related to projects that may subsequently be funded; and
• Other architectural/engineering consulting services as may be required.
The District expects to award a one-year contract renewable on a year-to-year basis for up to a total of five years.
Evaluative criteria are as follows:
1. Experience within the past ten years in providing similar services in Alaska, with emphasis on experience in rural Alaska — 60%;
2. Qualified staff– 20%;
3. Ability to perform not later than 30 days following the Notice of Intent to Award– 20%.
Proposals must include at least three references and must clearly indicate the firm’s contact person and the person’s telephone number and email address. Proposals, limited to 32 pages, must be submitted in PDF format via email to Ulric Ulroan ([email protected]), by 12:00 noon local time on October 5, 2021. The District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive any irregularities or informalities. There are no expressed or implied obligations for the District to reimburse responding firms for any expenses incurred in preparing and submitting proposals in response to this request.
After announcing the intent to award, there shall be a ten (10) day period during which responding firms may protest the award.
THIS ADVERTISEMENT CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. DO NOT CONTACT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR THE RFP OR WITH QUESTIONS REGARDING THE RFP. NO ADDENDA ARE ANTICIPATED. HOWEVER, IN THE EVENT THAT ADDENDA ARE ISSUED, FIRMS MAY RECEIVE THEM BY EMAILING A NOTICE OF “INTENT TO PROPOSE” TO ULRIC ULROAN AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE INCLUDING THE FIRM’S CONTACT PERSON AND THE PERSON’S PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. (343)(9/15-29)
VFW MEMBERSHIP Freedom isn’t free, and millions of Americans have paid the price for the freedom we enjoy today. Since 1899, the Veterans of Foreign Wars has served those who served America. From writing veterans legislation and then leading the fight to get it through Congress, to community projects that benefit all Americans, the VFW is an opportunity for veterans to continue to serve. Contact the VFW Robert V. Lindsey Post #10041 at 543-2241 and ask what you can do for your community. (83)(3/26-cnx)
ONC Public Disclosure Notice
The Orutsararmiut Native Council (ONC) will be submitting its 2022 Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act (NAHASDA) Indian Housing Plan (IHP) on or about October 7th, 2021. A Draft copy of the plan is available at the ONC Offices, located at 117 Alex Hately Drive. Comment period deadline is September 30, 2021.
If any ONC tribal member, official or other member of the public has any comments or questions, they may be directed to Calvin Cockroft, ONC Tribal Housing Administrator, 543-2608. (86)(9/1-22)