Nearly 11,000 Shareholders Qualified for $17,000 in Proxy Prizes.
Ten Calista (cha-LIS-tah) Corporation Shareholders are final 2021 Online Regular and Regular proxy prize winners and two Shareholders are Virtual Meeting Prize winners in the 47th Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
Nearly 11,000 Shareholders who cast valid proxy votes by 1pm on July 1 qualified for the two final rounds of proxy prizes. Three Online Regular prizes were drawn from valid proxy votes cast online. Seven Regular prizes were drawn from all valid paper and online proxy votes. Winners were randomly selected by Sramek Hightower, a certified public accounting firm in Anchorage that serves as the Inspector of Elections.
• $5,000 Online Regular Prize – Maggie V. George (Akiachak)
• $2,500 Online Regular and Regular Prizes – Randy R. Wassillie (Quinhagak) and Paul O. Waska (Atmautluak)
• $1,000 Online Regular and Regular Prizes – Shannon A. Cooke (Anchorage), Harry M. Paul (Pilot Station), Morris King (Anchorage), William Hunter (Chuathbaluk), Jackie Abraham (Anchorage), Benjamin E. Kugtsun (Kipnuk), James C. Hoelscher (Anchorage)
The 400-plus Shareholders who logged into the Virtual Meeting on July 1 qualified for a random prize drawing, with two $2,500 prizes awarded. The average participant viewing time for the meeting was 75 minutes.
The Virtual Meeting prize winners are:
• Beverly M. Johnson (Anchorage)
• Candida V. Andrew (Kwigillingok)
“Quyana to all Calista Shareholders who voted in the 2021 Board of Directors election and participated in our virtual Annual Meeting on July 1,” said Thom Aparuk Leonard, director of Corporate Communications and Shareholder Services.
Shareholder votes solely decide Board elections. In 2013, both the Board slate and discretionary voting of non-directed votes were eliminated. Non-directed votes are now spread evenly across all candidates for office.
Proxy prizes are only awarded if enough Shareholders vote and quorum is reached. This makes the Annual Meeting valid. The Inspector of Elections stated quorum was reached. Updates and details are posted at www.CalistaCorp.com/AnnualMeeting.