* WHAT…Blizzard conditions. Additional snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.
* WHERE…Kuskokwim Delta Coast and Nunivak Island.
* WHEN…Until 9 PM AKST Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility to one quarter mile or less. Inland areas will also experience visibility of one half mile at times. The dangerously cold wind chills as low as 40 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Visibilities are expected to be around one half mile overnight, with conditions deteriorating during the day Thursday. The worst period of blizzard conditions is expected between late Thursday morning through Thursday afternoon.
* AFFECTED AREAS: KUSKOKWIM DELTA
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout conditions, making travel very hazardous. If you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you.If you get stranded, stay with your vehicle