by Calista Corp. Staff
The Calista (cha-LIS-tah) Corporation Board of Directors and the Trustees of the Calista Settlement Trust recently approved the largest total Akilista (AW-kee-lis-tah) distribution to Shareholders, more than twice the amount of the first Akilista distribution in 2014. More than 34,500 Shareholders qualify to receive this distribution from the Calista Settlement Trust.
• The 2021 Akilista distribution from the Calista Settlement Trust is $3.35 million, a 7.6 percent increase from last year
• Calista enrolled 1,500 more Calista Descendants over the past year, due to open enrollment approved by Shareholders
• About $2 million will go into the Yukon-Kuskokwim Region (6 in 10 Shareholders live in YK)
• Distribution will occur on or before November 19, 2021
• Direct deposit updates must be received by October 29, and address updates by November 4
– Direct deposit and address updates can be completed at MyCalista.com, the free Shareholder portal
Distributions are per share. The 2021 Akilista distribution is approximately 90 cents per share. The average Shareholder owns 100 shares and will receive an estimated $90. For the average household of 3 Shareholders, that’s about $270 per household.
The final value will be determined after the date of record. Direct deposits and printed checks will be distributed on or before November 19.
The Akilista distribution is based on the monthly market value of the Akilista investment portfolio for the prior three years. Akilista distributions are from the Calista Settlement Trust, which are not taxable. Calista Shareholders will not receive a 1099 IRS form.
“This year was a continuation of strained times for our families and communities,” says Calista Corp. Board Chair Robert Beans. “Through the growth of Calista, we share the bounty of increased distributions to benefit our Shareholders in a time of need.”